As part of Paralyzed Veterans of America, the New England Chapter is a regional organization focused on serving the needs of its members and veteran in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont who have experienced a spinal cord injury or disease. As part of this effort, we also advocate on behalf of all citizens with disabilities and welcome their support. For this reason, we have created, in addition to our regular (Life) voting membership, the Affiliate and Honorary membership categories.
Life – voting members must be veterans of military service who have a disability from a spinal cord injury or disease. Life membership is free of charge to eligible veterans.
Associate – members can be any person, disabled or not, who is an interested contributor to New England PVA and who applies for such membership. There is an annual fee for Associate membership.
Honorary – membership is bestowed by nomination and vote of the New England PVA Board of Directors upon persons who make significant contributions of time and effort toward the goals to which PVA and the New England Chapter are committed.
Benefits of Membership
PVA membership opens up a world of programs and services designed to help you live your best life: assistance with your earned VA benefits; help with employment and higher education; sports and recreation opportunities; and a window into our important research and advocacy efforts.
PVA members also receive:
- You can meet fellow members and participate in local social and sporting events.
- A monthly e-newsletter with updates on PVA and Chapter programs and services, our advocacy efforts, upcoming events, member stories, and more.
- Complimentary print and digital subscriptions to PN magazine, an invaluable resource for people with SCI/D, their family members, and caregivers.
- A complimentary online subscription to Sports ‘N Spokes magazine, a resource on sports and recreation for people living with SCI/D and amputations.
- Help with higher education through PVA and Chapter scholarship program.
- Access to a Facebook Group just for PVA members.
PVA membership is open to anyone who:
- is a citizen of the United States or its territories;
- is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces and whose discharge was other than dishonorable; AND
- has a spinal cord injury or disease (SCI/D).
Related diseases include:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) involving the spinal cord
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord tumor
- Severe spinal stenosis (causing neurological impairment)
- Transverse myelitis
We welcome veterans with service-connected and non-service-connected disabilities. If your condition is not listed here, please contact email@example.com.
How to Apply
Simply complete the form on this page below. We’ll follow up with instructions for submitting your DD-214 and medical evidence of SCI/D.As medical evidence, you can have your physician complete this Physician’s Statement Form.
You can also download the printed membership application and send it to us by email or mail.
Update Your Membership Information
Notify us when your address changes so you continue to receive member benefits and other important information from PVA. Contact us to update your information.
We’re here to help! Contact Christi Hillman, Associate Director, Membership & Volunteer Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-424-8200 Ext. 776.