Issues affecting Veterans
The New England Chapter of Paralyzed Veterans of America works with policymakers and other stakeholders throughout New England to advocate for legislation that improves the lives of veterans with spinal cord injury and disease.
We also work closely with our National Office in Washington, D.C. to support their efforts in advocating for strong legislation that:
- Ensures veterans have access to quality, timely health care at VA medical facilities;
- Promotes and supports VA research on spinal cord injury, dysfunction, and rehabilitation;
- Focuses on programs, including non-institutional long-term care, for aging veterans and their families.
To find out what the United States Congress and federal agencies are doing to help veterans or to get information on legislation pending before Congress, select one of the following links:
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Labor-Veterans Employment and Training Service
- House Committee on Veterans Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs